Meet the Austrian Society

Saturday night, the newly founded Austrian & South Tyrolean Society will be revealed to St Andrews

Fans of Oktoberfest will be accustomed to the sight of dirndls and lederhosen sprinkling the streets of St Andrews every March. This Saturday, we are once again invited to don our traditional Austrian dress to celebrate the launch of the Austrian & South Tyrolean Society, the newest Soc in town.

Priced at £3 for members and £6 for non-members, the launch will feature punch, spritzer, and Austrian Schnapps, a fruity drink that will be offered as long as supplies last. Guests are also encouraged to BYOB.

The newly-founded society will be hosting a variety of events for the remainder of the academic year, with a social coming on the heels of the launch. With Austrian culture already being so popular in St Andrews, the society will be a natural addition to our multi-cultural university life.

The launch and membership are both welcome to everyone, regardless of nationality. If one wishes to meet fellow Austrians, to learn more about Austrian culture, or simply to indulge in a few glasses of schnapps, come by 2 Largo Road on Saturday evening for an opportunity to engage in lederhosen-clad fun.