RAG Week Launch Party with Big Narstie went off

He didn’t make it to the after party though

RAG week kicks off with a successful Launch Party featuring London rapper Big Narstie and Chicago’s Chuck Inglish. Though it wasn’t a difficult task, they certainly outperformed Wiley from the night before. Despite an attendance slightly lower than expected, the night was an eventful one owing to decent acts from both rappers, £1 beers, great lighting, tipsy dance-moves and sweaty mosh-pits.

Edgy lighting

This launch event kicked off RAG week, which, if you do not know already, is primarily raising money for charitable causes such as Nightline, Maggie’s Cancer Care, and UNICEF this year.

Big Narstie was great to see live, and, despite his rather large Christmas belly, he was very energetic on the stage, frequently walking from one side of the stage all the way to the other, occasionally even reaching his arm out to the crowd of euphoric students…

Chuck Inglish also performed well, and the supporting acts displayed their talent too, notably St Andrews’ alumnus Kitan who proved to be a promising DJ.

Unfortunately, due to the word spreading (yakking) too quickly, the After-Party on Hope Street was shunned by Big Narstie, as he felt he was attracting too much attention.

Stage 601

Regardless of the lack of Narstie at the After-Party, the event made for a very smooth transition between Refreshers’ Week and RAG Week, and was enjoyable to attend. Club 601 has again proven to be one of the best venues for a large-scale event, and some great talent was displayed on the stage.