Top things to do this week

Here are some things you should do

Better start filling in the calendar.

St Andrews Charities Masquerade Ball, Friday

Official tickets sales may be over, but St. Andrews’ Facebook-based resale game is always strong, and for those of you trying to decide whether to try and get a ticket last minute or not- do it. A re-imagining of the Charities Big Top Ball, Friday night Lower College Lawn will become a Masquerade Ball- a night of fancy dress and mystery that will raise money for the Charities Campaign. Apparently, the event will feature a unique ‘Masquerade Cocktail’, which sounds like something we should all be trying.

Last year’s Big Top Ball

For Your Eyes Only, Tuesday

The Global Investment Group invites you to the Old Course for a high class casino night. Strictly black tie, For Your Eyes Only, will include a champagne reception, poker, and of course, martinis. Tickets have already gone on sale, but (again) if you’re lucky you can snag one off of someone else. £28. Tuesday night.

From GIG’s previous previous event at The Lizard

EARN, Launch Your Career: Recruitment, Skills and Networking, Monday

The Carnegie Club is prepared to give you all the skills you need for life after St. Andrews. The next event in their IDEAS series, EARN features an impressive list of guest speakers who will give you their expert advice so that all of your networking dreams can come true. The event will include a series of planned talks, followed by a chance to speak with each presenter. Tickets are £7 (via a CC member or through Eventbrite) and the event will be held in School I on Monday night.

Members of The Carnegie Club and their guest speakers from their previous event

Kunduz Hospital Bombing: Humanitarian Aid in a Changing World, Tuesday

On 3rd October, US air strikes killed 22 Medicines Sans Frontiers staff members and patients and wounded several others. Although MSF has called for an investigation of this ‘war crime’, none have been opened as of now, despite the call to action by the general public. One month later, Friends of MSF’s first event of the year will discuss the bombing and humanitarian aid in general. Tickets will be sold outside the venue: Free for members, £3 non-members. FoMSF membership for 2015/16 + entrance will be available for £5.

Some of the beautiful people over at MSF St Andrews

WRFC presents SUMMERTIME SADNESS, Wednesday

Summer doesn’t have to be over. Join the Women’s Rugby Club this Wednesday at the Union for one last beach party before you fully submit to the life of thick jumpers and hot water bottles. 10:30. £2 Entry, available through the Women’s Rugby Club.

Pretend it’s not getting dark at 16:30