Top things to do this week

Let us organise your social calendar

Welly Ball Charity Talk Evening – Monday

On Monday 26th October, Welly Ball invite you to join them for their inaugural Charity Talk Evening, with guest speaker Dr Jen Jenkins from The Positive Group. The talk will be on ‘The Science of Sustainable Performance’, offering a compelling insight into maximizing performance in high pressure and stressful environments. Come along to find out about the fascinating link between psychological health and performance and also to learn about Welly Ball’s chosen charity for 2015, the Charlie Waller Memorial Trust. Sandy’s Bar, 6.30pm. Free entry.
12177822_10204721948520277_1360464910_n

Give a spit, save a life – Tuesday

Every 20 minutes, someone is diagnosed with blood cancer and becomes in need of a bone marrow or blood stem cell transplant. For some, finding a donor is a simple task but the vast majority have to rely on a stranger. Become one of those amazing and generous strangers! Sign up for the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Donor list and help save a life. Union Society Room D. 17:00-19:00.

SAASUM x ST.ART x W&C: ‘Africa Through Your Eyes’ – Tuesday

Three high-powered societies come together for this amazing event. ‘Africa Through Your Eyes’ is sure to bring all the best elements of the three societies together; SAASUM’s stimulating dialogue, ST.ART’s stylish flair, and the incomparable booziness of Wine and Cheese. Tickets are available via Tilt, no tickets at the door. £7 members, £10 non-members. The Adamson Bar. 19:30-22:30.

Just So Society present: The Drowsy Chaperone – Starts Sunday

The Just So Society, St. Andrews’ musical theatre society, is getting ready to put on it’s infamous show of the semester. “A rare combination of modern comedy and classic Broadway, this charming musical bursts forth from an ordinary man’s living room telling the rambunctious tale of a brazen starlet trying to find, and keep, her true love. But at its heart, The Drowsy Chaperone addresses a great unspoken desire in all of our hearts: to be entertained.” The Drowsy Chaperone will be playing from the 1-3rd November at 19:30. Tickets are available through the Byre Theatre box office for £8.

Vic Pumpkin Carving – Wednesday

Get in the Halloween spirit! The Vic will give you free pumpkins and all the things you need to carve them up. And if you let them use your pumpkin as a decoration over Halloween, they’ll give you a free meal. Free food and successfully avoiding dealing with that mouldy pumpkin come mid-November. It’s a win-win. Wednesday 3-6pm.