Charities Campaign is going to throw a huge Masquerade Ball

It’s back and bigger than ever

For those of you who question the charitability of balls in St Andrews, this year’s Charities Campaign Masquerade Ball is giving back in a big way on 7th November.

A major transformation from last year, the Charities Campaign Ball is back, and it’s bigger and better than ever.

From the time and theme, to behind the scenes, this year’s Masquerade Ball promises a night of mystery and intrigue, and plenty of fun.

Last year was a huge success

While students are privy to the yearly Big Top Ball, the Charities Campaign has changed direction, looking to host a more sustainable event that will raise money for Nightline Association, UNICEF, and Maggie’s Centres in Fife.

All well-known names in St Andrews, these charities are important causes: not only will they be involved in the ball, but they will receive all proceeds from the Charities Campaign at the end of the year, combined with funds raised by subcommittees during RAG Week and Race2 this year.

Spicing up the usual black tie attire

All start-up money comes from ticket sales, so the event really is self-sufficient. While they may not have the budget of major fashion shows, the night promises to hold many surprises, and plenty of entertainment. From casino games and prizes to specially themed masquerade cocktails, guests will have something to do all night long.

If you’re not one for blackjack or your poker is a bit rusty, just stick to the dance floor all night. Musical acts will vary from ukuleles and jazz, to St Andrews band Pinkeye on Picture Day and DJ Joe Grimeh, providing music for all tastes.

If you’re interested in winning prizes such as a champagne dinner for two at the Seafood Restaurant, a keg from BrewCo, or unlimited candy floss (that’s cotton candy for all of my fellow Americans), the Masquerade Ball is not to be missed.

Dress to impress, but jazz up your outfit with a mask and remain anonymous for the best night ever in the Bubble.

While ticket sales sold out in person, a small number will be available to purchase online for £30 if you’re fast enough.

Come out to support some great charities and have an amazing night of fun and games, and dancing, obviously.

Find out more about this year’s charities at their websites:

https://www.maggiescentres.org/

http://nightline.ac.uk/

All images courtesy of Class Gift from last year’s Big Top Ball.