St Andrews most densely populated electric vehicle town in Scotland

The University has launched an electric community car club, which consists of a fleet of 10 electric vehicles available to residents, businesses, and visitors. The fleet also includes two vans. […]

The University has launched an electric community car club, which consists of a fleet of 10 electric vehicles available to residents, businesses, and visitors. The fleet also includes two vans.

The cars can be rented on an hourly or daily basis. The car club membership has a one-off price of £50. With the membership, rental prices are set at £4.50 an hour or 24 hours for £35.

Vehicles can be booked either online or by phone. Included in the cost of the rent is insurance and power. The cars can generally travel between 65 and 90 miles on a single charge.

The zero-emission vehicles can be collected from three locations: Agnes Blackadder Hall, The Gateway at North Haugh, and David Russell Apartments.

This is a step towards the University’s goal of becoming the first carbon-neutral university in the UK, and the car community is partly funded by the Scottish government, as a step towards reaching their 2050 goal of the decarbonisation of transport.