What to Wear: Welly Ball

Hunter wellies at the ready! It’s Welly Ball! If you want to dress to impress and stand out from the crowd this year then keep reading.This is the one black […]

Hunter wellies at the ready! It’s Welly Ball! If you want to dress to impress and stand out from the crowd this year then keep reading.This is the one black tie event you don’t want to miss out on. This year, Welly Ball are donating to the Charlie Waller Memorial Trust.

Men need to suit up and look dapper! If you really want to push the envelope this year, try a velvet jacket or a vintage black tie (always a hit).

Ladies, Welly Ball is all about cocktail dresses; the key is to look chic and classy, whilst representing St Andrews in style. The top tip is to keep your dresses short or midlength. Welly Ball isn’t an event for long ballgowns. You’ll want to show off your wellies, so shorter dresses are a must. The feel of Welly Ball is very British, so keep that in mind when you’re choosing what cocktail dress to wear.

If you plan on dancing the night away, I would reccomend wearing a flowing dress, as this year, Will and the People are headlining and you don’t want anything holding you back. Also Kinkell can get a little chilly at times, so you may want to bring a small cardigan or shawl with you.

Wellies are so St Andrews. The classic wellies to wear are of course ‘Hunters’. But if you endeavour to shake things up a bit this year, why not try patterned or brightly coloured wellies. Don’t feel bound to wear black or navy ones, why not try blue or green. ‘Jewels’ on Market Street have some great, eccentric wellies. Something a little bit different could put you in the running for Stand’s Best Dressed!

This is the one blacktie event you can enjoy in comfort, so make the most of it! There’s nothing stopping you from wear some cosy, fluffy socks with your wellies.

Clutch essentials: ‘Welly Ball’ can be a long event, so here are some essentials to keep you looking fabulous all night long. First of all, lipstick or lip gloss is vital (especially for those attending the dinner) to keep your lips looking glossy and seductive. If you have a small bottle of perfume, I would throw that in. It will keep you smelling fresh and lovely. You may also need some blush (I recommend Smashbox). And last but not least, concealer should be your holy grail; it will keep your skin looking flawless.

Follow us on Instagram @stand.fashion!