What to Wear: Blackout

The Stand invites you to dress even more scandalously than the GIG photos.

Think of Leonardo DiCaprio in Wolf of Wall Street. Blackout is GIG’s spin on the dark side of the finance world. For one night, you get to leave St Andrews, let loose and shed your fashion inhibitions. Black should be your baseline. Black jackets, black dresses, black shoes, black eyeliner, black ties. However, a pop of colour can add some edge; ladies, red lipstick, bright heels, jewelled earrings will do; gentlemen, experiment with a red scarf, a patterned pocket square, a pink shirt.

My advice: Be bold, be sharp, be hot.

Gentlemen

It’s all about quiet power; you want to look sleek and smooth – as if the world is at your fingertips. Start off with black trousers and dress shoes; then pair with these:

** Crisp shirts and black jackets**

**Ties, silk scarves and belts**

Just a thought boys, these ties, silk scarves and belts can also be used for the after-hours of the night…

Ladies

Exude confidence and have those men running in circles around you. Obviously you can’t go dressed in just lingerie, but if there was a night you were going to wear a little something under that LBD, it’s Blackout. Heels aren’t optional; they’re necessary.

**Reclaim the suit**

**The LBD**

**Metallics and leather**

**Bold accents**

All photos courtesy of Polyvore. Follow us on Instagram @stand.fashion!