Preview: Nobel Ball

What to expect from this year’s Nobel Ball. Prepare to party, Scando Style!

The Stand events team speaks to Jacob Oeen to get the low down on what to expect from the Scandinavian Society’s Nobel Ball on the 21st November

1) In his time, Alfred Nobel brought us dynamite and peace. Knowing your reputation, just how much bang can guests expect for their buck at this year’s ball?

We provide each table with a drinking master, which is unique to Scando events. The drinking masters are hand-picked and go through extensive training in order to deliver the best possible experience for his/her table.

They will receive 3 fabulous courses and enough wine to keep them going all night long!

2) What sort of entertainment, aside from the ever-exhilarating Scando presence and much anticipated debauchery, can we expect to showcase at the Nobel Ball?

As already stated, the Scando presence is for most people entertainment enough.
Arvid, our Nobel Ball convenor, will perform one of his unique dance acts. However, we want to keep the main act to ourselves for now. (We do love a bit of secrecy.)

3) What can guests expect from the venue at the Scores Hotel?

There is plenty of room to behave as expected. The Scores Hotel has proven to be a wonderful host before, and we are certain that they will help us make Nobel Ball a success.

4)With a ball marking such a worthy legacy, will there be any proceeds going to charity from this year’s ticket sales?

The Scandinavian society always seek to give as much value as possible for the price paid(food, alcohol, entertainment) so there is no room for profit.

Nobel Ball is unlikely to break even.

5)With the promise of night we won’t remember, do you have any advice for your guests as we prepare for what sounds like an evening that is not to be missed?

Strap a GoPro around your head and watch the video hungover the next day. Prepare for what is to be one of the best nights this semester.
The committee is really excited and we look forward to welcome all of the guests to this year’s Nobel Ball.

SKÅL!

An entire night dedicated to the Swedish inventor of Dynamite and Peace (and chemistry and mathematics and economics and literature), celebrated in true Scandinavian style (read: alcohol and dancing on tables!). We’re sure Mr. Nobel himself would be proud!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1510928512512232/?fref=ts

Check out the fb page for details!

All photos courtesy of Lightbox