Review: Bindi

Teresa gets her dancing shoes on at Bindi!

I would like to issue a huge apology: to all the people who didn’t attend Bindi on Friday, I am truly sorry that you missed out on a fantastic night. The continuously bumpin’ Bollywood beats that rocked the dance floor, the smokin’ (I’m not just talking about the smoke machine) hot moves, and the inclusive atmosphere all added up to an event that should be on everyone’s To Do list.

DJ Harri, who has been rocking Bindi for the past couple of years, was an act not to be missed, and the pounding of the rhythmic drum just added to the atmosphere. He did a great job of mixing in well-known tunes, along with Bollywood rhythms that had life and soul. The party didn’t really get started until about 10:30 p.m. (anyone who arrived earlier than that would have seen a scarcely populated dance floor), but it was soon full of people, all donning vibrant colours, ready to tear up the dance floor. And that we did, that we did.

Bindi encompassed the only good thing that I remember about American high school dances – the opportunity to dance your heart out to songs that had a beat, or that you could sing along to. It was the ultimate opportunity to shake your body (and your bootay) shamelessly, without fear of judgment. But then again, my high school dances didn’t have Callum Hyland wandering around taking shots (which I am sure will be gorgeous).

The only downside to the night was that the bar was a tad bit expensive, really just an excuse to do shots, and it could get quite crowded whilst everyone tried to cool down and catch their breath after dancing. The Scores Hotel was a lovely venue, and the committee members of the Sanskriti society were extremely welcoming. To be honest, I could rave for hours about the event. I have one suggestion: everyone should keep their eyes out for the next Bindi announcement, and snatch up tickets so you don’t miss out on a great night!

Photos: Gillian Davies