Music is Love: Preview

A who’s who of Saturday’s Scottish set!

We’re already thinking about the weekend at The Stand, and if you haven’t got any plans yet, atb and Music is Love are hosting the first in a series of intimate gigs at Sandy’s bar with some of Scotland’s up and coming bands from the underground music scene. This week they are introducing Life Model, Death Cats and Seas, Starry to the stage, and I thought I’d give you a quick preview of what’s on offer …

LIFE MODEL – A five piece from Glasgow, Life Model have been making music since 2012, and their combination of shoegaze and noise pop is very reminiscent of our 90’s favourites; think Slowdive, Pavement and Jesus and the Mary Chain. Their dreamy drones and soft melodic vocals will be a hit with the moody boppers in town. Their first single Come Round was released in January of this year and is available to listen to on Soundcloud along with some other great tracks including Glazed. Listen here.

DEATHCATS – Self proclaimed Glaswegian noise makers and, contrary to the name, lovers of cats, Deathcats are coming to St Andrews with their feel-good fuzzy vibes. Since forming in 2012, the group have been busy gigging their way across the UKand this summer played the T stage at T in the Park. Certainly not one to miss if you’re currently listening to Cloud Nothings or are a fan of the surf-rock sounds of Waaves. A stand out track for me, Danny Dyer, will get everyone’s feet moving and is featured on their EP, All Hail Deathcats, which is out now on Fuzzkill Records. You can listen to their EP here.

SEAS, STARRY – When listening to this foursome from Aberdeen, thoughts of an instrumental My Bloody Valentine album spring to mind with their entrancing, ambient, shoegaze style running through all of their tracks. This talented bunch self-recorded and self-produced their debut album, Tyota Alba, which was released this summer, and there is already talk of a new album in the pipeline. Having previously shared the stage with the likes of Hot Club de Paris and Joan of Arc, there are signs of big things to come from this Scottish post-rock band so I would catch this intimate gig with them while you still can!

Basically, if you’ve got an appreciation for reverb and you nod to noise, put on your shoegaze shoes and head to Sandy’s Bar in the Union for 8pm on Saturday 11th October. £3 for 3 bands. Why not?

https://www.facebook.com/events/334150196764342/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar