Night bus is back!

(DRA pilgrims rejoice!)

After a successful run last semester, the free university Night Bus service is back.

As of Monday the 6th of October, the bus will be running every night between 10pm and 2 am. This is particularly exciting news for students living in halls, and any library night owls.

Popular support for the program, in addition to student safety concerns following last year’s sexual assault case, provided ample cause for its reintroduction. Union President Pat Mathewson was very pleased to announce the return of the night bus, saying “the return of this service is a major success in the story of student representation in St Andrews, and it should give confidence to students in their ability to change their University for the better. Furthermore, this success is a testament to what can be accomplished when working in partnership with the University. It would never have been possible without the dedication and support of Student Services and the administration.”

The bus will be leaving the library every half hour from 10 pm and will do 8 round trips every night. Starting from the Library, the bus will be travelling to Albany Park Hall, next it will do a hail and stop route between Lamond Drive and Largo Road, before going to David Russell Apartments, University Hall, Agnes Blackadder, Andrew Melville, the Student Union, and then returning to the library. The hail and stop route is especially designed for students living in private accommodation, relatively far away from the town centre.

Don’t forget to bring your student matriculation card to get free entry onto the bus, and look forward to a warm, therapeutic ride home from nights trapped in the library.

Image courtesy of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:British-Route-Bus-Berlin3.jpg