Review: Welcome to the Bubble

The bubble’s back!

Welcome back kids. It’s safe to say that the Union is back in full swing and Freshers’ Week is set to be one of the best yet!  Tickets for “Welcome to the Bubble” were sold out before you could say “Bubble Machine”. The night was just your classic dance party, the home grown DJs Tom Burns and Ashton Squires serving some serious tunes. This wasn’t your average Bop, this was a proper welcome.  Bubbles, beats and booze – the more alliteration a night has, the better it is.

As always, the notorious bubble machines were in full swing. Nothing like added soap to the sveaty, alcohol lubricated freshers.  With first years safely ensconced in the pulsating Venue One, the rest of the union was full of older years revelling in the delights of the union’s face lift, proping themselves up on Sandy’s bar, or academically schweffing in the new chill out spaces around the main bar.

It’s safe to say Leon and his entire team have done an excellent job in organizing  this years welcome to the bubble. The rest of the week will be quite something!