How to Have a Productive Summer?

Tips and tricks for those of you that want to make the most out of your summer.

Of all the seasons in the year to be productive during, summer seems to be a poor choice. However, for all of you keen I-want-to-live-life-to-the-fullest beans out there, here are a couple of tips and tricks of how to have a productive summer. (Note: Not only should you take what is written with a grain of salt, I wouldn’t even be offended if you printed the list out and proceeded to use it as a lining for the coffin for your summery dreams.)

800px-Arrecifes

1. Keep up with your hygiene, I guess.

In order to be productive, realistically you are going to need to leave your house at some point. Get off that sofa, hop in that shower, brush those teeth, shave, put on clean clothes, and be ready embrace the day.

2. Bring in the cash. 

More money, fewer problems, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Getting a job over the summer will ensure a more enjoyable academic year to come, and it will also keep you busy when you’re not out there doing something else super productive. If you want to hit two birds with one stone, try to search for paid internships – not only will you be stacking dough, you’ll be stacking your resume too.

3. Find a constructive hobby!

Knit sweaters for all of your friends, pets or both. If your pets are your friends then we feel sorry for you but you’ll get the job done in half the time. Paint a beautiful landscape. Bake things. Basically anything that involves putting something useful into the world that’s not just your carbon footprint.

4. #eatclean #traindirty

Most would agree that student life can be rough on the health. Take advantage of being home. Go to the gym near you that’s full of motivating elderly people that will smile at you and applaud you for being able to run  for more than twenty minutes. Go to a spa, relax, unwind and go for a detox.

5. I’m not the kind of person who would ever suggest getting ahead on your academic reading, but reading for fun and for culture is a cool thing to do.

Whether it’s a classic you have yet to check off your reading list or a more obscure contemporary novel, reading over the summer is a sure way of making you feel productive. Always remember that having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card!

Essentially, don’t be sack.