Review: Rugby 7s After Party

Rugby 7s: meat market or Sinners x 7?

With only one way to round of the St Andrews 7s Rugby tournament, an after party of epic proportions rocked the union last night.  A great end to a day of playing or spectating, the event completely sold out, with extensive queues trying to get in at the last minute.

7s

The fact that entry stopped after 10:30 however, may have cut any pre-drinking short.  The Union’s always low prices, coupled with even further drink deals meant that the alcohol was flowing generously constantly throughout the night.

Attire varied widely, but  many of the ladies in attendance were clearly dressed to impress (never have I seen so many heels worn at the Union).  Aside from the feeling of a rugby last-hurrah, the night had many of the trappings of a typical Sinners at the Union: decent DJ, packed dancefloor, and the painful queue for the bar.

However, the most notable difference was the refreshing amount of unfamiliar faces at the event, likely due to the teams from other universities visiting for the tournament (the fact that some of these unfamiliar faces were attached to tall and muscular rugby players didn’t hurt!).

All in all, the after party was riotous fun, flowing alcohol, everyone still high off endorphins, and a party atmosphere this was an evening to certainly put in your diaries for next year.