St Andrews Travel Collective launches

Pack a bag and let’s go!

The travel lovers among us will be happy to hear of the latest venture by students at the university. The St Andrews Travel Collective has recently arrived on our radar and looks very exciting. The site aims to take advantage of the much loved cultural diversity that can be found in our town in order to provide information about travelling. It also helps to encourage students and alumni alike to share their own travel experiences and get into contact with other like-minded individuals.

Alongside a travel forum, the site is also home to a blog where contributors can include articles about their favourite locations and the little tricks they have learnt while travelling.  This includes a regular ‘Travel Tip Tuesday’ feature.

Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 11.08.38 AM

A recent post on St Andrews Travel Collective

There are a whole variety of ways readers can become involved with the collective, which Kelly Bertrando (one of the geniuses behind the site) claims to be deliberate.  She was inspired to create the St Andrews Travel Collective by the diversity that could be found in St Andrews and she wanted to incorporate this by making it a collaborative venture.

Although the site is still relatively new, there are big plans for the future, with hopes it could “expand beyond just the student community” to include alumni, staff and townspeople alike. The all-inclusive site could one day expand into a travel society (one of the few societies we don’t have) which could offer trips for those wanting to see the world.

If this sounds like your cup of tea, you can find the St Andrews Travel Collective at http://www.statravelcollective.com/.

Images courtesy of www.statravelcollective.com