Save the Date: Part 1

Where to go, what to do. The Stand gives you the definitive guide of where to party.

Unsure what to do before exams start?  Still got a few more hard nights before the revision exhaustion sets in?  We’ve got you covered.  House beats, dawn dips, big balls, Dundee debauchery to name but a few, there’s something for everyone…

12th April –
Big Top ball – In partnership with the Charities Campaign and On The Rocks, Big Top Ball is a circus themed extravaganza.  If you’re into juggling, face paints and acrobatics this is for you.

14th April –
Scott Lang Dinner –  hosted by the Principal and the Association President, the evening consists  of a wine reception followed by a three-course meal in Lower College Hall with a mystery guest speaker concluding the evening. The aim is to bring together staff and students in the spirit of collegiality.  If getting to know your IR tutor is high on your to-do list, then this is a must.

St Aloha-ndrews -Free entry you say? Beach themed?  Wear your coconut bras?!  LGBT has done it again,  offering a night of tacky Hawaiian shirts, a limbo competition and tonnes of your favourite summer tunes.  Dusting off my grass skirt already.

15th April –
Rasputin’s Circus – A night of unrivalled delight and debauchery. It’s simple: Rasputin was man who threw legendary parties, where myth and madness combined to wild nights and wonderful happenings. Kinkell will be transformed into a club – embracing world class sound systems, visuals and light shows beyond the comprehension of man. One room will play commercial/house music and the other hip hop. With a combination of DJs from St Andrews, Edinburgh and Newcastle, the music will allow for the night itself to flow into the early hours.  It’s never happened before. So grab your tickets, and party all night long.

1531531_281077482060200_800359513_n

17th April –
Blood, sweat and beers.  A tag which sums up the entire evening.  A charity event unlike anything you’ve seen before.  See St Andrews Boxing Club on the top of their game against other Scottish universities.  It’s going to be messy. But oh so much fun!

18th April –
The Scottish A Cappella Championship – A very different kind of fighting here, think battle of the bands meets The Voice.  Seven a cappella groups from across Scotland will be competing for a grand prize, expect impressive vocals and enjoy an evening of pretending to be Simon Cowell.

19th April –
Under Canvas – The only festival-inspired music event in St Andrews.  Following it’s successful launch last year, UC has only gone and made this year even bigger and better.  If you don’t have a ticket already, go and get one.

Rugby 7s – What do you get when you mix rugby players and fans with officially the cheapest drinks of the entire year? Rugby 7s is the answer.  Cheap tickets, even cheaper drinks, epic DJS and enough rugby camaraderie to drain the Eden Brewery.  This will be a night you certainly won’t remember.

23rd April –
Saints Take on the Tay – If a night out in Dundee has been missing from your life, well don’t look any further.  Drinks deals, transport and an epic night hosted at Liquid Envy Dundee.  If you’re in a sports team or not, imagine Sinners x 10.  This is going to fabulous.

Photo courtesy of – IMDB, The Kate Kennedy Club, Saints Sports and Rasputin’s Circus & yromaniac.com