Community council object to £25 million golf course plans

Controversy over another big-hitting, 18 hole extravaganza

Objections have been raised to one of the developments of the £25million golf course we told you about a few months ago. Plans for a service yard and golf maintenance buildings, which would also include a buggy store, car park and access to the A915, have been objected to by the community council.

Opposition to the latest proposals believe they are contrary to policies on development in the countryside, green belt and protection of agricultural land. However, one of the main properties seems to ensure that the picturesque landscape, that we all know and love, remains intact. What’s more, there already is an abundance of hotels and golf courses in our beloved town.

The project, which aims to create an auspicious new golf course, is supposed to be completed in the summer of 2016 – right in the middle of prime tourist season for the town. The plan is for the new course to be just north of Feddinch Mains, very close to St Andrews. If all goes to plan, it will be the first golf club at St Andrews to have its own 18-hole world class course, whilst remaining private and member owned. The design has been submitted by Tom Weiskopf , who some may remember as the 1973 Open champion.

As always, we’ll keep you up to date with developments.

Image courtesy of thecourier.co.uk