Review: GLITTERBALL

Some Girls are just Born with Glitter in their Veins.

We’re pretty sure the Old Course hasn’t seen anything like it.  On Saturday night the LGBT society hosted the fabulous Glitter Ball!  An evening to celebrate the success of the society, to channel your inner RuPaul, and to have a truly wonderful night was the plan of action, and the committee certainly delivered.

A VIP champagne reception started off the evening, with glittery guys and gals being accompanied by the Just So society and of course, The Jazzle Sisters. As the rest of the guests started arriving it became clear that this was so much more than your average ball, this was a fashion parade, and less certainly was not more.  My sequinned jumpsuit and jacket paled into insignificance next to some of the floor length ball gowns, rainbow flapper-dresses, feathers and glitter that was adorning almost every guest.

Face painting and a jazz band kept everyone entertained whilst the night was warming up, the copious amounts of glitter at strategically placed points throughout the room ensured everyone could embellish their outfits at every opportunity.  My gin and tonic was decorated too… I can still taste the glitter.

The highlight of the night, aside from the Jazzle Sisters of course, was the Lady Gaga impersonator – Miss Gaga! With mightily impressive vocal cords, an even snazzier outfit, and enough tunes to have every single guest on their feet and singing along, she was a real hit and brought that extra bit of dazzle to the evening.

To say this was a fabulous evening really doesn’t do Glitter Ball justice.  It was sassy, fabulous, serving flare, and all round glitter-tastic. Ru would have been proud. Can I get an Amen up in here?