Director of Representation: Was Teddy ready?

The Guy who brought Mean Girls to the Library…

Teddy Woodhouse, current Director of Representation, asked us in his campaign whether we were #teddyready, but was he ready for the job?

Early promises, such as a 24-hour library during term time and bringing back Reading Week, were clearly unfeasible but Teddy has managed to do the best he possibly could when faced with certain boundaries and obstacles.

Teddy has spent a lot of time training Class Reps and investing in the structure so it is now stronger than it used to be. He has also helped provide day-long training for all the School Presidents and believes both of these achievements will help to encourage students to be more active in their roles and will breed a new generation of dedicated student representatives. Additionally, he has created two new positions on the SRC – an Employability Officer and a Wellbeing Officer.

Teddy says his proudest (though maybe not his greatest) moment, however, was getting a Mean Girls DVD for the Library. We have checked this and it’s true and available in the library at this very moment (unlike the books you actually need…)

And his worst moment? Teddy says he regrets being very quiet at the beginning but believes that it was just part of the learning curve and the sponge-like stage of soaking up all the information necessary to do the job. In retrospect, he says that he probably wouldn’t change anything in his term and believes he has “achieved a lot of what I wanted to do and got projects rolling which, although I cannot finish myself, I am confident the next DoRep can pick up and continue or complete.”

And what next? Does Teddy fancy another year in the role? For Teddy, one year has been enough. He is planning either to go back to the US for law school or to LSE to complete a Masters degree in Global Civil Society – what he describes as the “cuddly area of IR.”

And what will he miss?  Teddy says he will miss the St Andrews Community the most as that is what made him want to stay in the first place. And his favourite place in St Andrews? His bed.

Teddy Woodhouse – Bad dancer. Good DoRep. The Stand agree that at least half of this is true.

Images courtesy of Teddy Woodhouse.