The Stand’s Save the Date

You want to party, huh?

The events to go to this half of the semester. Put them in your diary, get your mitts on the tickets, and go par-tay.

6th Feb – Kate Kennedy Pantomime

Greece the Musical  – If that’s not pun-y, then I don’t know what is.  Buchanan is the host for a tale of heroism, and yoghurt apparently. See ya there.

7th Feb – Escape from the Bubble

Fat Sams – A chance to get out of town for one night only, cheap drinks, and the chance to see Dundee.  Winner.  Perhaps your only chance to go and party without having to go the lizard. (Counting down to Ma Belles reopening)

8th Feb – Catwalk

The first fashion show to send us on our way as well as to round off RAG week.  “Life in Print” is bringing local and national fashion houses to Venue 1.

15th Feb – FS

No words. Much excitement. Wow.

& -STOP START

FS after party, ticket sales on the 7th, presented by Yacht Week, not only gets you access to the party of the month, but also gives you the chance to win a ticket for Yacht week.  Umm, yes please!

& -Project Zambia Concert

Project Zambia is run by St Andrews Student Services. During summer they will be travelling to Kazemba, Chongwe to teach  literacy and music in a primary school. For these children, many of whom are single or double orphans, education represents the major route out of poverty.

It will feature a wide variety of the talented musicians at our University including The Other Guys, Accidentals, Hummingbirds, Richard Michael and Big Band.Tickets are being sold at the Music Centre Office, outside the library 10am-5pm Wednesday 5th Feb and on the door.

20th Feb – Itchy Feet

On Thursday 20th Feb the Itchy Feet Tour Bus will be pulling up outside the Union for an evening of shivering, shaking, sipping, swapping, snapping, swinging and swigging like none other.
If you’ve not been before, then expect old music for young souls. We are a totally unique night of Swing, Soul, Funk, Rhythm & Blues, Rock n Roll and Ska!  Get your tickets here – http://itchyfeet.fatsoma.com/events/103941/

21st Feb – DRA/FP Ball 

If you’ve waved goodbye to hall life, there’s still time to enjoy and go ‘cray’ like you used to.  For £15 (non-residents) get to experience an ‘Arabian Nights’ themed ball complete with: A FREE drinks reception, Not one, but two photo-booths for your enjoyment , FREE Jannetta’s ice cream, Belly dancers  and Butler’s wraps.  You’ll have to stop me from going! Tickets on sale in week 4.

22nd Feb -Carnival Ball

Following on from last year’s sell-out Prohibition Ball, DanceSoc are bringing a taste of Rio to St Andrews with Carnival Ball. With free punch, Janetta’s ice cream and performances from the Big Band and University dance teams this promises to be a fabulous night, and with 25% of profits going to charity Children in Hope, there’s no better excuse to don your carnival mask and feather boa.  Tickets are only £15 and go on sale this Wednesday 5th February from 1-4pm at Rascals Bar.

1st March – DW

DONT WALK is baccccck baby! Gotta love dem fashion shows! Fabulous as always. Go, go, go!!

& DW After Party – Everyone loves an after party, the only thing better is an after, after party.

8th March – Glitter Ball

Now it’s LGBTs’ time to shine, and damn they’ll be shining.  I’ve heard there’s a lot of glitter. A lot. A LOT. Details to follow, this is not one to be missed!

& Oktoberfest

Ticket ballots open on the 12th Feb.  Bavarian food, music and beer. Dust off those Lederhosen and Dirndls kids, this is going to be a wild ride.

A quick guide to what to go to for the next couple of months, whether you decide to go to one or all of them, remember you saw it here first!

Photo: www.thehousethatlarsbuilt.com