Saints Sport: Weekly Round-up

Are you in the picture of the week? Check out our weekly round-up for a snapshot of another week of sport at St Andrews

BUCS Results: 

29/01/2014

– Men’s Fencing 1st v Edinburgh
Loss: 120 – 132

01/02/2014

– Women’s Netball 1st v Heriot-Watt 1st
Win: 35  – 34
– Men’s Waterpolo 1st v Manchester 1st
Win: 15 – 9

02/02/2014

– Women’s Cricket Indoor 1st v Newcastle
Loss: 72 -116
– Women’s Volleyball 1st v Aberdeen 1st
Win: 3 – 1
– Men’s Hockey Trophy  v Edinburgh 1st
Loss: 4 – 0
– Women’s Cricket Indoor 1st v Northumbria 1st
Win: 101 – 80
– Men’s Volleyball 1st v Aberdeen 1st
Win: 3 – 1

Picture of The Week

This shameless netball selfie is the proud winner of our first sports photo of the week

In other news

Sailing  A team finished the league coming 3rd, against 18 teams from most of the Scottish Universities. This means they’ve qualified to go to Strathclyde for the BUSA Team Racing Championships from the 5th-9th April, to race against the best 28 teams from all around the UK.

AU Secretary, and basketball women’s captain, Hannah Rogers has won the SSS Volunteer of the Year Award this past weekend.

Highlight of The Week

The St Andrews’ Men’s shinty team recorded their first league win since 2011, and their first home win since 2010, in a thrilling varsity match against local rivals Dundee. They are hoping that this 3-1 victory will inspire further success for the new year.

Have you got a highlight of the week for us? Or maybe a picture of the week? The more hilarious, the better – send them to our sports editor at [email protected].