Puppy Bowl X to make Super Bowl XLVIII sweeter

Super bowls or Puppy bowls?

Sunday, 2nd February, Times Square was home to some of the cutest puppies I have ever seen. Yep, you read that right: before the  Super Bowl XLVIII sees the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos play for the championship some adorable dogs are going to have a go.

I admit that as an avid avoider of all things sporty and being pretty ignorant about anything about America, the Super Bowl is not something I know much about. Even though I’m aware that it took place at some point yesterday, I hadn’t given much thought to tuning in, until I heard about the event that will be shared on Animal Planet. If sport isn’t your thing either, you need to check out the Puppy Bowl X.

Last year’s halftime show featuring Keyboard Cat, this year’s act TBA

The event essentially features dogs chasing after a football, with cats being the half time show and providing some commentary to the game itself, making this the perfect event for animal lovers. Ten years after its inception, there will finally be a Puppy Bowl fantasy draft this year, which means that avid fans can pick eleven players and track their successes and failures over the course of the day and adding an interactive element to this canine adventure.

After spending an embarrassing amount of time looking through the videos on the Animal Planet website, I had to admit my excitement. Even if my knowledge of the Super Bowl is limited to that Beyoncé performance, I will be tuning in to see the adorable nature of The Puppy Bowl.

Images courtesy of nydailynews.com, peoplepets.com,