Five things you must do this week…

First week back. It’s a grande!

Donate Blood: I know, I know, it’s been on here about three times now, and you must think I’m not terribly inventive, especially now I’ve pretty much run out of jokes to work into this one. But it really does save lives, people! That’s redeeming enough and warrants a top spot every time it rolls around. Tuesday 12 – 4 at Younger Hall, the free snacks make it really ‘bleedin’ worth it. Haha! I was wrong, the comedy flows.

Big Fat Quiz: The funniest people our student body has to offer will be taking a satirical look back at 2013, in all its tweak-related glory. Matt Gibson will be hosting this one, and I’m pretty sure he’s also that cute guy that works in Butlers/Dakota, so go for the eye candy alone if you don’t have a sense of humour. Free entry with purchase of a ticket to the Hypnotist performing earlier in the night, so it’ll be a good Tuesday in Venue 1! (Do we still call it that? Or is it technically the main bar now?)

Rodeo Night: One of the most successful nights of last year returns, one of my personal favourites (partly because the photographer took the only decent photo of me smiling in the whole of 2013, definitely peaked too early). Checked shirts, cowboy boots and stetsons will be necessary if you want to beat the bucking bronco, the best thing to come to the Union since £1.99 Tenants.

80s Workout Night: Did you get a Sports:Stripped 2014 calendar? If you did, you probably know how much you want to see those girls and guys in thong leotards or skin tight jazzercise clothing. The LAX girls are giving you that opportunity this Wednesday at the Vic, with their 80s work out night, featuring a £1 shot deal.

“War on Terror: What now?”:The Foreign Affairs Society are kicking of this weekend with one for the academics among us, with their conference covering the War on Terror. For any IR students this will be a great learning experience, or for those interest in political and foreign affairs, with several world-expert speakers including Louise Richardson, and Q&A panels. More info can be found on the new FAS blog, or on their Facebook page. Also featuring free wine reception!