5 things you must do this week

Everywhere you need to be to get your fix of singing, turkey and nakedness.

A Cappella Christmas Concert: The greatest way to get yourself into the holidays spirit, with Christmas tunes and pop hits alike being showcased by our fantastic acapella teams. Alongside the old faithfuls, we’ve got some new kids on the block in the form of girl group The Belles and mixed Vocal Bandits, as well as visitors from Kings College London and Glasgow University. This one is always a sell out, and is spread across two nights this year to fit in all the Christmassy fabulousness!

St Andrews Revue: If you just can’t get enough of a capella this week, the St Andrews Revue are presenting their sketch comedy show, A Capella Auditions, this Tuesday, which we’re pretty sure will not involve too much actual singing. We hope so anyway.

Sports Stripped – The Big Reveal: If you’ve ever wondered what is inside the LAX bros’ short shorts, now is the time of discovery. The 2014 naked calendar, featuring all your favourite sports teams, is launching TONIGHT at the Vic from 8pm. You can see the photos being unveiled, grab your calendar for a reduced price, and maybe even meet some of the stars themselves. An awesome raffle will also be going on, with prizes rumoured to include an elusive Christmas Ball ticket and a rugby ball signed by the whole Scottish team.

Stereoscope NOISE Exhibition and Afterparty: St Andrews’ best photography magazine is launching its next mini-issue this Friday, with an exhibition of student photography and photos from the University’s Special Collections. This will take place in the Bell Pettigrew Museum, in the beautiful St Mary’s Quad, followed by a good old knees up, as only the artsy know how, at One Golf Place. Moodroom Collective will provide the tunes, 15% off drinks.

Thanksgiving: Are you thankful for deadlines, upcoming exams and late library nights? If so then you DEFINITELY need a decent break, and probably a huge meal involving roasted things, baked goods and two veg. Get together with your nearest and dearest this Thursday to celebrate that time when Jesus founded America, or some natives got sick or…something. Pass the pumpkin pie.