Sports Stripped: The Big Reveal

Don’t miss out on what promises to be (literally) the cheekiest night of the year.

“Did you get your kit off for charity this year? Or perhaps you just fancy taking a sneaky peak at those who did?”

This enticing description accompanies an event on the 25th November which nobody, sporting or not, will want to miss. Sports Stripped: The Big Reveal, is the launch party for the sporting naked calendar put together by the Netball Club and featuring a skinful of St Andrews’ talent in a way you’ve (probably) never seen them before.

For a mere £4 (of which £3 goes straight to charity), you can grab your ticket in advance this Friday 22nd from 11-3 in the Vic and entitle yourself to a free shot upon entry. Calendars will be sold on the night for the cut-price of £12, which also automatically enters you into a raffle with some great prizes on offer, including a signed Scotland rugby ball, one of those elusive Christmas Ball tickets, a Shellac manicure voucher worth £23 from Fresh Looks and a £30 dinner voucher from The Grange Inn.

If you’re more concerned by the party than the prizes, then never fear – live acoustic music is followed by a DJ set to keep you boogying on the dance floor until the early hours.

The charity being supported is International Development Through Excellence and Leadership in Sport (IDEALS), an initiative which  aims to establish a high quality, progressive and co-ordinated sports leadership development exchange programme for young people aged 20-35 between the UK and partner countries.  UK Sport started IDEALS in January 2006; since then it has grown and expanded and since academic year 2007-8 has included the University of St Andrews.  Recently, St Andrews has expanded its engagement to include placements in Zambia’s rural communities and in 2014 will send another five students to be part of the programme.

If you’re of a more whimsical disposition and planning ahead is too mainstream for you, then you can still buy tickets on the door for £5 – although you will miss out on the free shot, so you will be (rightly) punished for your indecisiveness. However, with cheap drinks aplenty, this will certainly not derail your evening. And, if that doesn’t appease you, the calendar’s photos will be revealed in all their glory to all who attend.

So, it’s a great cause, a cracking calendar and an event that you simply can’t miss. The promo video looks fantastic and, if you’re still not convinced, the Netball girls have one last plea for you:

“Don’t miss out on what promises to be (literally) the cheekiest night of the year.”

I’ll see you all there.

All puns contained in this article are fully intended.