Happy Halloween cuisine

You’ve carved your pumpkin. Now what to do with all that goo…

Want to know how to put the insides of your creepy carved pumpkin to use this Halloween?! We’ve got a really easy and delicious Roasted Pumpkin and Chilli Soup recipe that gives you a particularly good excuse to go carve up a vegetable. It is also a secret recipe for warding off colds, vampires and monsters alike….

Roasted Pumpkin and Chilli Soup

Serves 6

For the Soup:

2tbsp olive oil

3 medium onions, thinly sliced

pinch of chilli (or to your liking)

800g peeled pumpkin, cubed

1.4 litres chicken stock

2tbsp creme fraiche

salt to season.

For the Garnish:

handful of pumpkin seeds, toasted

few springs of rosemary

another pinch of chilli flakes

1. Heat oil in large pan and sweat onions with chilli flakes for 10 mins until soft.

2. Add pumpkin and stock and simmer for 15 mins until the pumpkin is nicely cooked through.

3. Blend the soup to a puree and add the creme fraiche and season to taste. Voila!

4. Then just add the garnishes to make it look pretty and to add that extra flavour and crunch.

This recipe is really easy and as it comes in at only 151 calories a portion – it will prevent you from looking like a pumpkin this Halloween, win win!

soup

Finally, Any leftover Pumpkin seeds?

Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seed Treats

Just mix a handful of pre-toasted and dried seeds with a glug of maple syrup, or agave nectar, a sprinkling of cinnamon, salt and chilli powder. Throw it in the oven for fifteen minutes on a baking sheet at around 180 degrees, then pull out and leave for five minutes to cool before molding into little sweet and salty Halloween treats!

seeds