Top Trends: SS14

Fashion week hits East Fife.

Fashion month was awash with trends to get us excited and prematurely casting off our winter coasts in the face of the bitter East Coast Fife chill. Take a peek and start a wish list for what’s going to be floating your boat in 2014.

Colour

When the sun comes out, its time to ditch the darker hues and jewel tones and reach for something a little brighter. Fendi and Chanel, both with Karl Largerfeld at the helm took to using a playful colour palette.

Chanel’s rainbow coloured dresses were an unexpected in contrast to the usually more classic spectrum used for the fashion house.

Also see at Gareth Pugh and Jonathan Saunders…

The Hyperprint

Prints always come into their own in Spring/Summer. Next season it’s all about the hyper print which turns a pretty summer dress into a power outfit.

First port of call is Mary Kantrantzou – always a master at print with her highly embellished and acid coloured pieces.

Also seen at Celine and Carven…

Peekaboo

In the hot summer months, why not show a little bit of skin to cool yourself down? Cut outs, mesh panels and sheer fabrics are the way to get this look right.

As seen at JW Anderson, Alexander Wang

Safari

Can’t get away for a holiday? Dress the part regardless, taking your queue from Hermes and Alexander McQueen

Sports Luxe

The bomber jacket is here to stay, as is the statement sweatshirt. Though they’re now made in silk, highly adorned and worn with leather trousers for a polished yet relaxed look.

For a modern take on the classic Spring Summer floral, Christopher Kane combines both trends to create one of the most lusted after and easy to execute looks of the season.

2014 looks set to be a stunner in fashion terms; start investing now for a reason to escape the clutches of a harsh Scottish winter and go on holiday, to show it off.

Images courtesy of Style.com and vogue.fr