Princess Envy

Move over Kate Middleton. This is true royalty.

Get your tiaras on, gather up some stray woodland creatures and prepare for The Stand‘s definitive guide to the Disney princesses we’re envying.

Belle (Beauty and the Beast)= Belle’s status as an enviable princess was a bone of contention between us Disney fanatics at our Annual Disney Sleepover Extravaganza (oh yeah, we’re cool). I maintain that Belle is definitely enviable. Forget that she’s the beast’s prisoner for a minute. Stockholm-syndrome aside, in the process of being wooed, Belle gets gifted a library. A flippin’ library! If that’s imprisonment, bring on the shackles. Plus, didn’t you see her dancing during ‘Be Our Guest’? She wants to be there! Case closed.

Mulan (Well…from Mulan)= Mulan kicks ass the way I devour a pint of Ben and Jerrys: fearlessly and without mercy. Disney created a character that shows more courage in 88 minutes than I can hope to muster in two lifetimes, but I truly envy her because her courage pays off (sexy man-friend, repentant father, national hero, blah blah blah). If I stole my dad’s war uniform and ran off, the most I’d get is eternal grounding.

Ariel (The Little Mermaid) = Any girl who says she hasn’t  lusted after a fringe like Ariel’s is a) lying or b) lying. Her hair is so perfect that I once took a pair of scissors to my 5-year-old ‘do in an attempt to emulate it. No it didn’t end well, but thanks for asking. As an aside, does anyone else slightly envy her King Triton?…No? Well. *Awkward throat clear* Let’s move on.

Images courtesy of imdb