A few notes from Clare our graduating Columnists Editor: “The best part of being The Stand Columnists Editor is getting down and dirty with the most intimate parts of your […]
A few notes from Clare our graduating Columnists Editor:
“The best part of being The Stand Columnists Editor is getting down and dirty with the most intimate parts of your columnists’ neuroses. As editor, you work one on one with your writers’ innermost thoughts and encourage them to simultaneously carpe diem and revel in self-indulgence as much as possible in the hopes of getting the best story. “
“A great columnist editor needs to enjoy a literary laugh, appreciate punctuation, be a deadline diva, and have a willingness to yield the razor sharp editor’s pen now and again.”
- Recruiting the sharpest, brightest columnists St Andrews has to give
- Channeling writers visions into readable and likeable columns
- Staying on top of deadlines to keep a smooth turnover of content
- Sharp editing skills to maintain a level of proffesionalism
- Good communication skills to liasie with writers and the editors-in-chief
How to apply:
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by Friday May 24th at 5pm.
Please include in your application:
- What your year of study will be for 2013/2014
- A cover letter telling us why you want to work for The Stand, why you’re qualified for the job, and any relevant experience you’ve had
- Any new ideas you would bring with you to The Stand
- Any other activities/time commitments you may have
- Anything else you think we ought to see/know about you (e.g. writing samples, baby pictures, life stories, etc.)
If you’d like to be involved with The Stand but don’t want to commit to an official position, please click our ‘Send Us a Story’ button up top and send us something you’ve written, or email one of our section editors and get involved!
If you have any other questions about the application process, please send them to Lauren (lh467) or Dani (dg53) or email the relevant section editor.