St Andrews to honour class acts

St Andrews has announced it is honouring “distinguished individuals” in academia, art, music and science with honorary degrees next month. The well known as well as the slightly lesser known […]

St Andrews has announced it is honouring “distinguished individuals” in academia, art, music and science with honorary degrees next month. The well known as well as the slightly lesser known are being congratulated on their contribution to society; these figures include Monty Python star Terry Jones, Glaswegian Olympic gold medalist Katherine Grainger and Former Republic of Ireland president Mary McAleese.

Harry Benson, the Glaswegian photographer known for his portraits of The Beatles, Edinburgh Festival director Jonathan Mills, neurosurgeon Ian Johnston, Ashmolean Museum direction Christopher born and MIT chemistry professor Richard Schrock will also each recieve a prestigious degree.

The awarding of the degrees will take place between June 25-28th in Younger hall, at the same time as our own graduates are receiving theirs. If there isn’t a rendition of “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life,” we’ll be very disappointed. Da do, da do, da do, da dooo!

Image courtesy of theglaswegian.co.uk