Five things you must do this week…

Russia Week: This week, we’re showing some appreciation for furry hats, vodka and cabbage soup (or maybe just trying to educate some horribly racist people such as myself). With cooking […]

Russia Week: This week, we’re showing some appreciation for furry hats, vodka and cabbage soup (or maybe just trying to educate some horribly racist people such as myself). With cooking classes, poetry night, a film screening and variety of themed lectures, most of which are totally free to attend, there is no excuse not to learn something this week and have fun while your doing it! <3 Russia

Open Mic Night: The Ultimate Frisbee Club join forces with the Retrophobes on Monday, all as a charitable effort for Ultimate Peace, an initiative promoting peace through the sport. All are welcome to try their hand at the microphone, so bring your instruments, and the Retrophobes will of course be breaking up the evening with their musical offerings. Email to secure a spot.

Angels in America: In Venue 1 this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, an American play named as one of the greatest of the 20th century will explore ‘life, death, dreams, reality, spirituality, hope, faith, love, and loyalty’, amongst other themes, in its depiction of the New York AIDS epidemic during the Reagan administration. Tickets are on sale now for a show which promises to be brilliantly executed and utterly though provoking.

Get Sporty: It’s a massive weekend for sports, with the 44th annual Rugby 7s on Saturday and the inaugural England vs USA Shinty match later in the afternoon. Head down to the pitches by DRA to watch, or more importantly turn up to the accompanying nights out: Rugby are running a pre-party at Ma Bells on Friday, and an after party with info still to be released on their Facebook page. The Shinty match falls on their Alumni weekend, with a Ceilidh on Sunday. Watch out for antics from all the sport players and supporters alike…

Secretly Famous: They’re back, and they’ve promised no ‘alarming’ interruptions this time. Hahaha. The previous events have been totally sell out, and as usual they’ve got some great drinks promos going, so there is literally nothing better to do this Thursday night. VIP top tables also available with your own personal slave (or ‘waiter’ if you prefer).