Five things you must do this week…

Sitara: Our favourite bit of Asian fusion that doesn’t feature on Nahm Jim’s menu returns this Saturday, with Younger Hall set to become a masterpiece of colour, sequins and heavy […]

Sitara: Our favourite bit of Asian fusion that doesn’t feature on Nahm Jim’s menu returns this Saturday, with Younger Hall set to become a masterpiece of colour, sequins and heavy eye makeup. After last year’s stellar review you would be a fool to miss this cultural feast to close our St Andrews catwalk season, with the most reasonably priced show tickets yet, all including a cocktail and after party entry. Get them here, and prepare for a night of Eastern delights.

Get Set to Get Wet: The Hockey Club are encouraging us all to don bikinis this Wednesday and get down in a beach themed Venue 1, with plenty of drinks deals to entice the non-sporty. Thanks, Hockey Girls, but I’ll be huddled in the corner in a Canada Goose stuffing my face with left over chocolate, and anyone else agreeing that a post-Easter weekend body-baring is a harsh punishment is welcome to join. But bring your own chocolate. Tickets for sale this Wednesday (for Venue 1. My chocolate stuffing event is free to all). 

Hip Hop Soc @ 1 Golf Place: Having already run a massively successful night, the MCs are returning to Golf Place this Friday. The acts have been kept under wraps so far, but at just £1 entry for non-members and with a ton of great drinks deals and dancing, it’s going to be a groovy night. 

Daughters of Dolma Screening: The critically acclaimed film, directed and shot by a group of six of our very own students, is playing in the Buchanan Theatre this Sunday. Following a group of Nepalese monastic nuns in the Kathmandu Valley, the film highlights the ‘fun and unexpected eccentricities of living an ancient form of monastic life in a crazy, modern world’. You can watch the trailer here, and buy tickets in Our Story on Bell St from Wednesday 2 – 5pm. The filmmakers will also be on hand for a Q&A after the screening –  a must for anyone interested in spirituality, IR, documentary filmmaking, or just looking to watch a great movie. 

Get a head start: Whoops…Easter’s gone already! Last few deadlines now folks and it’ll be May before you know it. Check when those essays are coming up, and your exam dates, and then probably think about booking a table in Nandos for the May opening, because it’s going to be bloody well packed in there. Not long now – let’s count the days until balmy, summery freedom….