Five things you must do this week…

Easter Snacks: Easter is coming. How do we know this? Malteaster bunnies are back on the shelves. And crème eggs. And HOT CROSS BUNS. I don’t know about anyone else, […]

Easter Snacks: Easter is coming. How do we know this? Malteaster bunnies are back on the shelves. And crème eggs. And HOT CROSS BUNS. I don’t know about anyone else, but I spend the days after Christmas counting down to the moment I encounter a crème egg in Tesco, or even better, an entire six pack of that fondant-y goodness. The main message this week is: don’t leave it too late. Easter doesn’t last forever. Soon, those bunnies will be running back to their little chocolate warrens where they live out the rest of the year, just waiting to pop their malty heads back up next year. Stock up everyone, or regret it later.

Elections: On a more serious note, we have democracy in our hands this week. Our news page is inundated with election stories, Market St is (as predicted) covered in banners, and many a t-shirt is emblazoned with cute, alliterative campaign slogans. Meet the candidates here, or go along to the debate on Wednesday in Venue 1 to hear the Sabbs argue about why you should love them the most. Lots of different policies and philosophies this year, so it’s sure to be a pretty heated argument. Lastly, remember to vote! All voting is done online so you don’t even have to leave your cozy bed or library chair. Follow this link from 6am Thursday to 6pm Friday to make a difference, and remember: for someone this is a graduate job, a salary and a chance to make a huge difference to how the University moves forward. Every vote counts! 

HA@STA Magazine Launch: The History of Art Society, and ST.ART magazine both release the new issues of their magazines on Tuesday. HA@STA is celebrating the big 600 with articles, artwork and photography, and ST.ART are putting on an amazing, interactive exploration of their theme ‘Degeneration’. With an original art exhibition and jam jar cocktails flowing, it will be a truly arty haven. Get along to the Vic to get your copies before they sell out!

Big Top Ball Ticket Sales: We’ve been hearing so, so much about the new Ball on the scene, and this Thursday you finally have a chance to get a ticket. It’s time to go carnivale, with tents dedicated to candyfloss and popcorn, circus games, amazing prizes and death-defying acts, all for the very reasonable price of £25. Now all you need to do is start thinking about your outfit…I’m thinking harlequin meets person-who’s-eaten-too-many-crème-eggs.

Strip the Willow: Everybody wants to be in the Guinness Book of World Records for something – now is your chance! Saints Sport, in conjunction with Your600th, are attempting to break the record for the biggest Strip the Willow ever. Get practising, as they (obviously) need as many to turn out as possible this Sunday! Americanos – think how proud you will make the Scottish ancestors you all seem to have. No better reasons needed. 

Headline image: anirishmanabroad.wordpress.com