Alice Taylor withdraws her nomination for DoES

On only the second full day of campaigning, candidate Alice Taylor has withdrawn her nomination for Director of Events and Services. Until recently, Taylor was actually unaware that she was […]

On only the second full day of campaigning, candidate Alice Taylor has withdrawn her nomination for Director of Events and Services.

Until recently, Taylor was actually unaware that she was nominated, her friends entering her name as a prank. Pranked into Politics: The Alice Taylor Story will be hitting big screens in summer 2014, Ever to Excel star Sean Connery is rumoured to be lined up as lead role.

“I feel it wouldn’t be fair to run against people who genuinely want the job and have carefully considered policies and ideas ready to set in motion,” she said. Very diplomatic; maybe she should consider the role!

She had previously considered running for the position when the nearness of graduate unemployment made her feel sick… but decided against it after all. Meanwhile, her friends were secretely creating an entire preemptive campaign infrastructure, a secret facebook group and promotional photos.

With Taylor’s withdrawal, there remains only one comedy vote, but just how funny is it? Jamie Ross was quick to comment on Taylor’s withdrawal saying, “These kinds of actions really debase the critical importance of student elections. Disappointing. I’m beginning to wonder if ordering one thousand party hats with my face on them was even worth it.”

Image courtesy of thebuzzmedia.com