LIZARD FOR SALE

UPDATE: The Stand spoke to Bruce&Co, the estate agents listing the property, who told us that The Lizard is in fact for sale, although they are dissuading people from pursuing […]

UPDATE: The Stand spoke to Bruce&Co, the estate agents listing the property, who told us that The Lizard is in fact for sale, although they are dissuading people from pursuing the property, as the current owners may be taking it off the market soon.

If the redevelopment of the union isn’t enough to upset St Andrews’ late night shenanigans, the potential sale of the Lizard could turn us all into hermits.

The advertisement notes that the current owners of four years have raised the quality of the hotel immensley during their time here, as well as won several awards for their establishment. It also notes that “Ogstons is also extremely popular with the local students, having the only nightclub in St Andrews, filling to capacity 7 nights a week.” We should say so.

Who knows if the new buyer will keep the zebra wall paper and pink bar going, and what if those 11.58pm sprints to those welcoming bouncers turn into a thing of the past? The thought doesn’t bare thinking about. With any luck our beloved lizard will remain untouched. Frankly a different owner wouldn’t bother us that much, but if they dare replace Ian (the DJ for those of you that aren’t on a first name basis….), there will be hell to pay. 

DoRep Amanda Litherland reflects on her time in The Lizard with nothing but fond memories. She told The Stand, “Everytime I go in, someone tells DJ Ian it is my 18th Birthday and he announces it with more and more enthusiasm each time. It would crush me for this tradition to end.”

Image courtesy of tripadvisor.com