The Oscars: Best Dressed

It was that time again this weekend: when the great and the brilliant of film gather to acknowledge their peers and celebrate movies that have dazzled us over the past […]

It was that time again this weekend: when the great and the brilliant of film gather to acknowledge their peers and celebrate movies that have dazzled us over the past year. With 40.3 million people watching all over the world, you better believe that dresses are camera ready and pretty damn show stopping!

Best Actress Winner, Jennifer Lawence, in Dior Haute Couture, Roger Vivier clutch and Chopard jewelley.

Image

Best Supporting Actress Winner, Anne Hathaway, in Prada with Tiffany jewels. She has been wearing a lot of Chanel on the red carpet recently so it was a time for a change – and what a fabulous one!

Another beautiful look was the powder blue Yves Saint Laurent column dress she wore to the Vanity Fair after party… This woman can do no wrong!

Jane Fonda in Atellier Versace, Jimmy Choo shoes and clutch with Chopard bling. Loving a bit of the 80s power shoulder.

Another star sporting canary yellow was Solange Knowles in Emilio Pucci and just to give that pow-factor, popping coral-red lips.

Salma Hayak looked incredible in her Alexanda McQueen dress and clutch with Cindy Chao jewellery.

Meryl Streep glittered away in custom Lanvin.

Jennifer Aniston finally veered away from her trademark dark column dresses – though maintaining the untouchable feathered hair – in signature red Valentino and a Ferragamo minaudière clutch.

Rose Byrne in gorgeous champagne Lanvin oozed old school glamour with her loose Hollywood waves.

Fan Bing Bing, forever making a statement in this gorgeous salmon pink gown.

Poppy Delevigne is this Chanel tube dress looked gorgeous with its cream and emerald green jeweled detailing. Incredibly functional as well – what’s not to love about a dress with pockets?

Most improved

Halle Berry so brilliantly sophisticated in Versace. And such a huge improvement from her look at the Golden Globes in Atelier Versace. Wrong on so many levels – an Angelina leg even came out to say ‘hi!’

2012

2013

One can only imagine what we’ll all be wearing to the 60 Hour Film Blitz.

Headline image: ‘The Sun’