Vengaboys come to Sinners’ Sport

Eurodance group Vengaboys will be bringing some ‘Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!’ to the last Sinners’ Sport of the year on 13th March at the Union. ‘We’re fortunate that we’re combining […]

Eurodance group Vengaboys will be bringing some ‘Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!’ to the last Sinners’ Sport of the year on 13th March at the Union.

‘We’re fortunate that we’re combining it with Sinners’ Sport because that crazy lot will love it – we did a poll on our Facebook committee page and responses were basically all ‘Yes – Boom Boom Boom Boom’,” said Athletic Union President Emily Griffiths. “The poll was of course all down to James Rivers (Vice President) who’s responsible for Sinners’ Sport”.

Hailing from Amsterdam, Vengaboys formed in 1998. After climbing the international charts, the group went on a world tour taking them to the US, Australia, Japan and South America. Before retiring in 2002 they had sold twenty million singles and five million albums.

Vengaboys came out of hiatus five years later to continue to bare the burden of carrying the torch for flamboyant party-going people everywhere. They are currently working on producing new hits in their Amsterdam studio, but clearly a trip to the University of St Andrews was enough to lure them away from home. After all, they like to party and they want to spend the night together.

Tickets for what promises to be a very eccentric performance will go on sale this Wednesday 27th February from 12—5 PM at the Athletic Union, and a £10 ticket will buy a chance to join the We’re Going to Ibiza—themed Sinners’, which will also have performances by Ebony&Ivory in addition to the headlining blast from the 90s, Vengaboys.

Information on the event can be found here.

Image courtesy of eoinbutler.com