Five things you must do this week…

Blind Mirth XXX: Improv comedy takes a frisky turn on Monday night, as Blind Mirth invites you to stop suppressing your inner fifteen-year-old boy and bring your most naughty ideas […]

Blind Mirth XXX: Improv comedy takes a frisky turn on Monday night, as Blind Mirth invites you to stop suppressing your inner fifteen-year-old boy and bring your most naughty ideas to the table.  Once again the show is entirely free, but we all know how quickly the Barron fills up – the show will begin at 8pm sharp! Expect a truly triple X level of smut and vulgarity, and we’ve heard that cameras aren’t allowed – titillating… 

The St Andrews Media Conference: The Carnegie Club are delivering some fantastic speakers this week in the form of the 2013 Media Conference. Those of you who long for a professional life of dirt digging and deadlines, this event is a grand opportunity – the speakers include a CNN broadcaster, Associate Editor for Sky News and former BBC Head of Events Group, debating how digital advances in media are changing the game. Networking alert!! Post-discussion there will be a drinks reception and chance for general mingling. Buy your tickets online or outside the library 12pm – 4pm on Monday, and be at Parliament Hall for 5.15pm on Tuesday.

TEDx Launch: We love a good launch party, and this Thursday the team bringing TEDx to St Andrews is throwing one in the Golf Hotel. The iconic speaking event will take place in April, and this launch will give you a chance to hear a keynote speaker from 2012 and find out more about potentially speaking at the 2013 event. Live freestyle rap and jazz music will feature, as well a free TED-inspired cocktail (something for everyone!). Tickets are £7, also being sold outside the library 11am – 2pm.

Goldfish: Your favourite online publication presents, all the way from South Africa, a ‘genre-defying mix of 
jazzy house beats’ by the name of Goldfish. International sell-outs and iTunes top-ten-ers, the boys will be playing to a packed Venue 1 on Wednesday night. B-Sides, Nexus and Ether supporting, get your tickets online or (once again) outside the library on Monday, between 12pm – 2pm. Word on the street is, tickets are going fast – get on it or miss out on one of the biggest music nights of the year.

VFUK: It stands for Voice Festival UK. If you were wondering. Yes, it’s that time of year again when we can all congregate in Younger Hall to lament the fact that when the rest of us open our mouths, it resembles a dying cat, nothing like the sweet, harmonious tones that escape the mouths of our wonderful a’cappella groups. The usual suspects will be in attendance: Alleycats, Hummingbirds, Accidentals and Other Guys, also joined by Aberdeen’s Aberpella (I see what you did there!) and Glasgow’s Choral Stimulation. It’s going to be a tough contest, as they compete for a place in the 2013 VF Final. Tickets online, or outside the union on Monday and Tuesday, 10am – 4pm.