Butler’s is wrappin’ up

Butler and Company Delicatessen will be closing its doors to hungry students in the next few weeks due to a massive refurbishment. The wrap bar and American deli we all […]

Butler and Company Delicatessen will be closing its doors to hungry students in the next few weeks due to a massive refurbishment. The wrap bar and American deli we all know and love will be transformed into a “high – end” burger bar with food made to order and space to eat in or take away. The restaurant will remain with the current owner, who, when asked, said that he can “definitely confirm that the wrap bar will re-open somewhere else”. PHEW.

The surprisingly large premises, which includes a lower floor and large backroom, was not fulfilling its full potential, with the front room only being used for the wrap bar and shelves of American/Norwegian delicacies (they know their market). However, the new restaurant, apparently being re-named “Dakota Grill”, will feature extensive seating so we can eat our burgers in peace. They’re currently looking for an equally convenient location to house their shelves of Lucky Charms.

Once a new (smaller) site has been found, the wrap bar will re-open letting us get our teeth back into their delicious pesto and Nutella wraps (though The Stand recommends you don’t combine the two). Two more eating establishments to tantalise the tastebuds, what’s not to look forward to?

Image courtesy of flicker lindsaywoodford

<a href=”http://polldaddy.com/poll/6889127/”>What will you miss most about Butlers?</a>