Five things you must do this week…

RAG Events: Well, it’s the week for Raising And Giving, so firstly let me urge you all along to the wonderful events being hosted by our charities campaign this week. […]

RAG Events: Well, it’s the week for Raising And Giving, so firstly let me urge you all along to the wonderful events being hosted by our charities campaign this week. They’ve got topless men on Tuesday, talent on Thursday and the fashion season opener kicking off on Saturday, amongst loads of other awesome events

Secretly Famous: The Vic are adding to their club-like repertoire, and throwing us a new bash on Tuesday nights. Premiering this week, Secretly Famous promises to be exclusive, chilled and – most importantly – cheap. Exclusivity and cheapness are my fave contradiction. To achieve this, it’s £1 shots, DJs and three separate theme rooms so you can pick which kind of hipster is your kind of hipster. They’ve somewhat mysteriously promised free entry if you can sniff out one of two hundred ‘Secretly Famous Cards’. Apparently, ‘if you really are secretly famous the cards will find you!’ Just a heads up for the organizers: mine hasn’t made it to me yet? Something you could perhaps look in to.

Prohibition Ball: It’s back to the roaring twenties with Dance Soc’s swingin’ Saturday night party. Feathers and flappers all round, the ticket price includes a glass of Cava and a Janetta’s, as well as performances from the Blue Angels and the Ballroom Society. They’ve got a uniquely stocked Speak-Easy bar and have promised snacks, which is not a feature of enough balls these days. Proceeds going to charity, ticket sales outside of the library on Wednesday afternoon.

Vic’s First Birthday: It has indeed been a year since the Vic stripped off all its wallpaper and hung those, frankly, insanely low lamps over their tables, so it seems this is the place to be this week. Streamers and balloons will adorn the exposed brickwork, and the winning combination of cake and cocktails will be on offer until 2am. Happy Birthday Vic!

Valentine’s Delivery Service: If, unlike me, you are not destined for a Bridget Jones style death by Alsatians, The Lumsden Club in association with Your 600th are offering a house delivery service so you can show that special someone just how much you lurve them. They’ve got handwritten message cards and a four-tiered price plan, ranging from the ‘I’m poor but I love you’ single rose, to the splash-out bouquet and exotic bath salts. For anyone taking pity on a lonely English girl who would definitely be partial to stuffing her face with heart shaped chocolates, ordering opens on Monday and I can be reached here for delivery address requests.