Spotted: on Facebook

Eight hundred and fifty ‘likes’ in about twelve hours, Spotted: St Andrews Library seems to be the newest form of procrastination to hit revision week. St Andrews is known for […]

Eight hundred and fifty ‘likes’ in about twelve hours, Spotted: St Andrews Library seems to be the newest form of procrastination to hit revision week.

St Andrews is known for long-term commitment and marriages, (royal ones too). We all know that people love a little bit of blind dating and the opportunity to meet their potential mate; we have seen dating websites made and we have read the dos and donts alike of the St Andrews dating scene – plus the resentment of those who see it happening but have yet to meet Ms./Mr. Right. Thus, some genius has created a facebook ‘community’, which offers students the chance to pursue their third-floor hottie, sexy Short Loan dweller, or the bufftingaling bumped into at the water fountain. (Lucky it takes so long to fill up a bottle, eh?) Below are a few examples of what you might find on the site.* It seems anyone could get a mention so keep your eyes peeled! 

So far Spotted: St Andrews Library has been used for booty calling: 

(The Stand also advocates the use of condoms bytheby.)

What seems to be a sort of communal virtual serenade…

And some more booty calling:

Exams don’t appear to have stifled the libido of the university just yet. 

So far, members have yet to post names and numbers in the group but don’t worry, we’re sure this will eventually provide a forum for meeting your potential Wills/Kate. And we all know how that one ended.

*Wordplay compulsory. Double entendres even better.

Headline image: Ines Cardoso