No money? No problem!

Even if they don’t care about our sanity, the university is going to go to great lengths to financially aid students in their quest to find the ever-unattainable internship, as […]

Even if they don’t care about our sanity, the university is going to go to great lengths to financially aid students in their quest to find the ever-unattainable internship, as it has recently announced a new fund dedicated to doing just that.

To be called the “Rector’s Fund,” it will offer a standard grant of £500 to students taking both paid and unpaid internships. The fund is on offer only to third year students who intend to intern in the summer before fourth year. These students, officially named “Rector Scholars”, will be expected to write a report on their internship.

Alistair Moffat, the current Rector, and Chloe Hill, the Rector’s Assessor, who are organizing the fund’s establishment, have already received donations from former St Andrews Rectors and comedian Rory Bremner (ooh, ahh). They also plan to write to 40,000 St Andrews alumni to appeal for donations.

Moffat has said that, “Frequently students have to dip into their own pockets to subsidise an internship or perhaps find that the cost of travel and accommodation during work experience is prohibitive. We hope the new fund we have established is an innovative and genuinely useful resource for students, and will help ensure that the talent we have at St Andrews can make most the most of opportunity.”

Interested in applying? Submit a one-page application to Chloe Hill by the 28th of January!

Image courtesy of moffatforrector.co.uk