Alt-J (∆) booked for St Andrews gig

It’s confirmed, Alt-J (∆) will be hitting up Venue 1 come Decemeber 19th. Playing a one off DJ set, the cuties will be giving us one of the best Christmas […]

It’s confirmed, Alt-J (∆) will be hitting up Venue 1 come Decemeber 19th. Playing a one off DJ set, the cuties will be giving us one of the best Christmas presents we could ask for, a chance to party large before we all head off home for the holidays.

Having recently won the Mercury Prize, and fresh from a US tour, these boys are ready to throw it down. Their eclectic beats have kept us all listening since they burst on the scene earlier this year.

A limited number of tickets will be available for purchase outside the Union on Tuesday 4th December between 12-4pm for £6.00, if you know what’s good for you, you’ll be there.

Our very own Director of Services, Jules Findlay told The Stand, “I’m thrilled. Far better than Tinchy and I won’t have to cover their dressing room in pictures of Kim Kardashian”. We are hoping these indie lads will be able to grace the union with their razor sharp beats and heart stopping bass. Not to mention their skinny jeans and oh so sweet smiles.

Second year Bella Sullivan couldn’t quite believe the news and responded with a classic, “Shut the front door!”.

Take a look at their website here, and if you’re wandering about the name just type Alt-J, you’ll see!

Check out one of their earliest hits, Breezeblocks.

image  © Alt-J (∆)