Five things you must do this week…

Mo Show: We’re sure you’ve noticed wispy fresher ‘tasches, and the bristle brooms adorning the upper lips of every other 4th year this month, as it is indeed the lazy […]

Mo Show: We’re sure you’ve noticed wispy fresher ‘tasches, and the bristle brooms adorning the upper lips of every other 4th year this month, as it is indeed the lazy man’s holiday of Movember! Venue One will be celebrating with a little more style on Sunday, with the best of St Andrews’ live scene coming together for a melodious, harmonious, charity-supporting night of music. Starring acts such as the Retrophobes, the Hummingbirds and the Dirty Hemingways, amongst many other awesomely talented people, the £3.50 entry fee is a steal.

Thanksgiving: Your time to shine Americanos, as we all expect at least one of our across-the-pond friends to cook us turkeys and pumpkin pies – good luck sourcing fresh pumpkin in rainy, post-Halloween Scotland. The Women’s Rugby Club are throwing the perfect event to start your festivities on Wednesday night, with an All-American, beer pong’d bash at the Vic, featuring an awesome £1 raffle with some very neat prizes. Happy Thanksgiving, pilgrims.

Freshers’ Plays: There is a ton to choose from this year, with a huge variety of one-acts, full-lengths and student-written pieces going up at the Barron every day this week. Come down and experience the best of the new Mermaids talent, with each play at only £3 – £6 for a pass to them all.

A Very Vintage Christmas: The Very Vintage Fashion Fair are back again, bringing vintage delights and tons of holiday cheer with them (don’t fight it, it’s been on the horizon since the advent calendars appeared in Tesco three weeks ago).  You know the drill – get there on time to spot the best bargains, and stay awhile as this time they’ve got live music, mince pies and mulled wine. Jolly good show.

Order Cupcakes: If there is one thing St Andrews does well, apart from Balls and matchmaking, it’s cupcakes. The Stand are absolutely loving our very own frosting fairies over at The Cupcakery, a student business new this year which delivers homemade, reasonably priced cupcakes right to you – from Market Street to the Badlands. This week, they’re baking gingerbread cupcakes with cinnamon frosting to get us all in the holiday spirit, alongside their regular flavours of vanilla, chocolate, red velvet and carrot. Check their Facebook for ordering info, and let’s all get nice and chub-chubs before we have to go home and see our (high) school friends.