RAG week 2013 preview

RAG Week (which stands for Raising and Giving Week) is a week of events hosted by the University of St Andrews Charities Campaign the first week of February. It is […]

RAG Week (which stands for Raising and Giving Week) is a week of events hosted by the University of St Andrews Charities Campaign the first week of February. It is sponsored by KPMG and all proceeds go towards the University’s six nominated charities, which can be seen here.

RAG Week has ramped up its efforts to increase the quality and scope of events but will still include classics like St Andrews Got Talent, Mr St Andrews, and Disney Bop. Catwalk and the Food Fayre have both received a great deal of attention for the effort being put into them. As said by RAG Week Coordinator Alyson Beermann, “This year we are working really hard to generate even more enthusiasm for RAG Week. This year the RAG Week team brings an increased level of professionalism and quality to our events, to ensure that everyone has the best time while raising even more money for our fantastic charities.”

This year’s promotional video takes the vintage theme of the 600th anniversary and showcases the major RAG events, but with a racy twist. As the video progresses any pretensions of sophistication disappear and the events are portrayed as what they are, fun-loving and care free.

As described by Charities Campaign Marketing Coordinator and master-mind of the video Emma Edwards, “The spirit of RAG has no airs and graces – it’s all about making sure students have an incredible time at our diverse line up of events, filled with pure unadulterated fun, whilst ensuring bucket-tonnes of money are raised for our six nominated charities.”

The main events are as follows, with plenty more to be added between now and February. For an updated listing you can check the RAG site here.

Clan Warfare: Friday 1 February

Food Fayre: Sunday 3 February

Music is Love Concert: Sunday 3 February

Ceilidh: Monday 4 February

Mr St Andrews: Tuesday 5 February

Sinner’s Sports: Wednesday 6 February

St Andrews Got Talent: Thursday 7 February

Disney Bop: Friday 8 February

Catwalk: Saturday 9 February

Take a look at the video here!