Get the look: Walk of shame

Good morning, sunshine. Feeling rough? We’ve all been there. Rockin’ up to a tutorial at 10 minutes past, looking more ready for S-C than S-D (that’s Sin City for all you […]

Good morning, sunshine. Feeling rough? We’ve all been there. Rockin’ up to a tutorial at 10 minutes past, looking more ready for S-C than S-D (that’s Sin City for all you hermits). But, my lash-hounds, I implore you: why save the walk of shame for the morning after? No fluorescent onesie should be left for the 7am South Street stroll. Wear last night’s attire loud, slightly dishevelled, and proud. 

If you spent last night having a ‘quiet night in’ (#honours) or, heaven forbid, did some reading, don’t despair. The walk of shame is a wearable, versatile look that’s easy to put together. There’s a certain bravado, a certain edge, that the freshly bathed student just can’t quite master. So grab the tequila, a one-way ticket to Dundee and listen closely… 

There are several kohl pencils on the market that can easily give you that coveted panda eye. Benefit’s “BADgal” liner and mascara priced at £14 and £16.50 respectively are perfect to be smudged and smeared. The name is also rather fitting for what you’ll be getting up to later – cheeky, cheeky. Be daring with a cascading eye to cheek smear. Ke$ha aint got nuthin’ on you.

Babes, there really is no need to wait until you deck it in front of Dervish. The fashion world can pre-rip your tights for you! We’re considerate like that. The ripped tights trend is nothing new, having been sported by fashionistas and celebs alike since 2008. You’re part of a classy bunch. Easily Ebay-able and ever so effortless – you get extra cool points if you’re mistaken as homeless.

Image

image  © ebay

Wearing two shoes is just unnecessary. Nothing says ‘I don’t remember after 11pm’ like the one heeled hobble along Market Street. There is nothing more attractive than a girl who can master this one-shoed shimmy. If, for some bizarre reason, your balance requires you wear two pieces of footwear, carry the second shoe as a quirky accessory. Handbags are so last season.

But you don’t want to look like just any old walk of shame. How tacky. Make sure you show your individuality with those key ‘fancy dress’ touches. Show your playful side with some partied-all-night face paint. We love this fun, easy to copy pattern.

Or these sequin devil horns, £4 at Accessorize, are a subtle way of saying you’re open for business. You’ll put the sex appeal into sexually transmitted infection.

image  © accesorize

You already look like you’ve partied all night, you might as well go for the real deal. Grab your Lizard Lounge Membership card (you don’t have one?) and roll up to St Andrews’ classiest establishment.  With bangin’ beats and even more banging booty, it would be a crime to hold yourself back. Last time I graced the ‘Liz’ with my presence I awoke the next morning with someone else’s chewing gum in my hair. If that hasn’t convinced you, nothing will. Remember, you may look shame-tastic, but an impromptu visit to the Lizard is never to be ashamed of. I’ll see you on the dance floor.