How to buy: lingerie for all occassions

I was shocked but pleasantly delighted to see a delivery truck with Boux Avenue advertised on the side… thinking, ‘MY LORD ABOVE, where can I buybuybuy!!’ …only to be quickly […]

I was shocked but pleasantly delighted to see a delivery truck with Boux Avenue advertised on the side… thinking, ‘MY LORD ABOVE, where can I buybuybuy!!’ …only to be quickly brought back down to earth from heaven when I realised it also had an advertisement for RYMANS on the front. This reminded me of when I found out santa wasn’t real (sorry kids). Just not ok.

Every girl knows that buying new lingerie is a certain retail therapy that puts a smile on your face that probably wont be lost for at least a couple of days. However, when it comes to lingerie shopping in St Andrews, in dire need of some serious retail therapy to help you feel sexy again (after hours of sitting under neon library lights), it seems such shops are seriously non-existent. I sadly dragged myself around town in search for somewhere to purchase a simple bra-knicker set, only to be quickly let-down. Unless you’re willing to shop in ‘Elspeths’, which so clearly (by the window display) caters to the elderly generation… Even H&M lacks any form of underwear that isn’t socks… and New Look similarly shows no sign of any ladies briefs. Seriously, what is going on?

Unless you’re willing to do a trip to Dundee or Edinburgh, it seems the internet is our best bet. And so I have compiled a little collection of some favourites to cater to your lingerie needs, ladies (including some favourites from further afield but this shouldn’t stop you buying!). SO, let the Lingerie Loving begin and get your Christmas List at the ready. Boyfriends and girlfriends, please take notes.

Boux avenue is a new favourite of mine, especially since La Senza went downhill into a more ‘Ann Summers-y’ flamboyant, flimsy and unflattering style of underwear (read tacky).

Image

Shopping for Lingerie on a budget has never been easier – and with 3 for 2 knickers deals you’ll be spoilt for choice…

The Lia lacy thongs (copies of Victoria’s Secret’s lace trim thongs) offer a choice of frilly, lacy, boxer brief thong/ Brazilian brief/boy short/string knickers for only £6. And you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you receive a very girly packaged box of lingerie with cute detail.

Don’t miss out on the current half price lingerie sale with knickers as cheap as £2.50 and bras for a tenner!

Becheeky have some excellent deals on bras and briefs with Parisian style lace coupled sets with free delivery (always a bonus).

Also see Fox and Rose for more sexy, body-hugging corsets, nightwear and bra sets:

Palais Voltaire Bodice, £102.

Go to Asos.com for ‘simply elegant’ evening lingerie, plus ‘simply basic’ day-to-day underwear from Vero Moda and Fantasie:

Victoria’s secret. I can’t say I’ve heard of any woman ever, who isn’t jealous of Victoria’s secret models. Their to-die-for bodies certainly sell lingerie well. In August, its first stores opened in London’s Bond Street and in Westfield Mall. We couldn’t be more excited, now to wait for the UK site to launch! But for now, we always have postage and packaging! Try and pull-through seeing these photos that follow, hold your breath ladies (and gentlemen…) and focus on the underwear, not the brewing jealousy!

Angels Fantasie Bra $58

If you’re not afraid of a bit of colour as the festive season draws in, the Dream Angels collection is perfect for you.

The demi bra $52, $52, $48.

Colourful cotton panties are on sale for 5 for $26 and Hip-huggers are in range from around $10-15. Perfect to ask for from Santa (get your debit cards out, boys)..

Their Boudoir Fantasy collection is a little more flamboyant for the bedroom but perfectly elegant.. This Chiffon Babydoll Lace is perfect at $88 and Miranda Kerr shows off a Satin Halter Slip $48.

Also super cute is this Pleated babydoll $39. And for something a little sexier, mesh laces and garters range between $40-$80.

Rigby & Peller… for something a little more expensive. Rigby&Peller sells designer underwear such as Aubade, Marie Jo, Prima Donna and Simone Perele.

Simone Perele Celeste bra, elegant £67.95

Or the Aubade Opera Libertin Padded plunge bra £109, with some beautifully embroidered briefs such as the Simone Perele Couture shorts, £51.95.

The Rigby and Peller Alondra underwired padded balcony bra is also so cute!

£69.95, available in a variety of colours.

Also see Myla Lingerie for a slightly more expensive buy and lingerie to die-for…

We may live in a town completely neglecting Lingerie, but we shall not be defeated ladies… our bodies awaits our elegant, figure-loving gifts! Who says that mid-semester essay hell can’t be rewarded with a lingerie drawer full of sensual, glamorous purchases? Under our (not so sexy) winter fleeces and Christmas jumpers can lie a surprise a little more seductive. Enjoy!