Review: ST.ART Magazine launch

ST.ART Magazine took over the Vic last night for the launch of their 5th Issue, “Identity”. Having been to several of ST.ART’s launches last year, I knew the diversity of […]

ST.ART Magazine took over the Vic last night for the launch of their 5th Issue, “Identity”. Having been to several of ST.ART’s launches last year, I knew the diversity of work would be vast and I wasn’t disappointed. The exhibition contained a mixture of paintings, drawings, installations, models and photography all different but all linked with the idea of “identity” and what it is to be ‘you’.

Image

With many images of faces used to represent this idea, each artist found a way to put their own personal stamp on their work and this, for me, is what makes showcases like these so well crafted. Particular highlights were the use of quotes scattered around the artwork to give food for thought, and, as director Toby Marsh put it, “Recycled Art” with characters drawn on empty bottles. Quirky and fun, the innovations of art are brought about by projects such as these.

Not only was there art work to admire, but with music from Minimood and free Henna, ST.ART’s launch went further than being just an art exhibition.