Secret St Andrews

Secrets can take many forms — they can be shocking, or silly, or soulful. – Frank Warren, the founder of PostSecret.com. Secret St Andrews is based on the Post Secret […]

Secrets can take many forms — they can be shocking, or silly, or soulful. – Frank Warren, the founder of PostSecret.com.

Secret St Andrews is based on the Post Secret concept and in 2011, the Charities Campaign hosted the first ‘Secret St Andrews’ where hundreds of postcards were submitted and then displayed in the Barron Theatre. 

Secret St Andrews is back for 2012. Postcards and red postboxes are being distributed around town. They can be found in all halls of residence, the library, the Union, Taste and Rascals. You can also download the postcard template with instructions here.

Image

No restrictions are made on the content of the secret; only that it must be completely truthful and must never have been spoken before. Entries range from admissions of sexual misconduct and criminal activity to confessions of secret desires, fears, embarrassing habits, hopes and dreams. The secrets can be shared however you want – painting, photography, words, drawings, etc – as long as it will fit on the postcard. Please submit your postcards by 13 November.

The postcards will be anonymously displayed in a postcard art exhibition at Rascals Bar on 15 November. There you will have the chance to view the secrets as well as sip on our signature ‘Secret Cocktail’ and enjoy some great live music from Jazz Works and others.

The world is full of secrets. Join us and share yours.

Thursday 15th November – Rascals Bar – 9pm-1am – £5

Secret St Andrews 2011